Join our team
Role overview – Commercial and Bridge specialist
Clever Lending are a Specialist Distributor, focused on delivering second charge mortgages, commercial, bridging and development finance that meet our introducing brokers and client needs – whilst providing a service to be relied on at every stage.
Clever are looking for a highly experienced professional with the ability to be able to advise on and place bridging, development, and commercial business, with an excellent understanding of this complex market.
- To discuss enquiries with introducing brokers and/or clients and find solutions for the lending need
- To discuss enquiries with lenders to ensure they will accept a cases to be placed with them
- To place business with lenders which is fully packaged and meets the lenders requirements, working with a case manager on this
- To work with the case manager on completing cases, i.e. funds released
- To be able to read and interpret company structures, accounts and property ownership.
- Work with new and existing introducing brokers to maintain and grow the relationship and ultimately the quality and level of business placed with us
- Provide key input into arranging a comprehensive panel of lenders required to suit the business needs
- Identify, create and maintain relationships with lenders, solicitors and surveyors
- Work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team as and when required
- To provide training and continued development, to new team members and actively help existing team members to understand the role
- Carry out your day to day role with integrity and uphold the core company values.
- Identify new lenders in market space which add value to the panel
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the industry and trends in the market
- Liaise with all parts of the business to ensure the smooth running of the commercial operation
- Maintain a high level of service to existing pipeline throughout
- Achieve prescribed targets as set by the business
- Understand changes in regulation and implement into processes and procedures.
- Use company management systems to record and update referrals, commissions and sources of business
- Establish and maintain a solid working relationship with all areas of the business, external clients, and lenders whilst promoting our professional service at all times
- Maintaining and developing business relationships with intermediaries
- Regularly communicate criteria and product updates to the sales team
- Attend internal meetings where necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- To ensure all Company policies/values are communicated, understood and adhered to
- To ensure that all communication is within the boundaries of data protection and TCF guidelines
- Promote the business through a professional, helpful and willing attitude to all customers and colleagues
- Ensure service standards as prescribed by the company, are maintained at all times
- To present a positive and professional image of the team, service and company at all times
- Proactively communicate with internal and external
- Ensure service level standards, prescribed by the company, are met in all instances
- Develop and maintain an understanding of market regulations and the effects thereof
- To adhere to the company’s compliance and TCF guidelines and maintain service levels within the prescribed guidelines
- To recognise highlight potential business or service risks and act responsively by proactively notifying Relevant business stakeholders
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the specified processes, T&C guidelines and professionalism at all times
- To report any and all money laundering risks to the relevant department.
- To remain vigilant in respect of money laundering risks as highlighted in company and industry policies and where appropriate, report any and risks or incidents to the relevant persons.
- To ensure attendance at all mandatory training and E-learning completed
- Maintain own continued professional development
- Ensure lenders provide the relevant training on all product areas on a regular basis
- To maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge.
Personal Profile of applicant
- Methodical and reliable with attention to detail
- Confident with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage with others and be a team player.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with a wide range of lenders, sales managers, financial institutions
- Desire to wish to succeed and help the company grow
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively via telephone and written media.
- Ability to take on and process information quickly and effectively
- Must be adept at using Microsoft Office 365. Have particularly good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. In addition, have a broad knowledge of the internet and are able to use this for research and development.
BUSINESS AND SELLING SKILLS:
- Must be an excellent telephone communicator.
- Experience within the financial industry is a key benefit.
How to apply
If you’d like to join our team, you can either apply by sending us your CV, or contact us to find out more