What is a Commercial Mortgage?
A Commercial Mortgage is often thought of as a loan taken out against a business property such as an office, hotel, warehouse or café for example. But it’s important to remember lenders will consider many types of property investment business, including residential investment property, often referred to as Specialist Buy to Let.
At Clever Lending we have relationships with a number of lenders enabling us to provide for a wide range of lending types such as:
- Trading Businesses (leisure, retail and industrial)
- Semi commercial (such as a shop with a flat above)
- Mixed portfolio
- Standard commercial property
- Single residential property
- Multiple units on one title
- HMO/Student Lets – Investment Valuation/Brick and Mortar valuation
- Portfolio finance
- Blocks of flats
Who are Commercial Mortgages aimed at?
Not only are Commercial Mortgages aimed at businesses looking to purchase property to trade from, this type of finance can also assist when the mainstream buy-to-let lenders can’t. Investors and developers who cannot go down the traditional mortgage route as they may have requirements for a more specific lending option.
Ultimately the product criteria for commercial mortgages is not set in stone – each case is assessed individually and a solution recommended according to the circumstances.
- Commercial investment, trading business and residential investment (Specialist BTL)
- Market leading rates
- Interest only options
- Loans from £25,000 with no maximum
- Up to 100% LTV (with additional security)
- Bespoke solutions for complex cases
- Fixed and variable rates
- Flexible underwriting approach in relation to adverse
- All types of unusual property and borrower options
- No upfront fees
It doesn’t need to be a daunting process for you or your client, we provide the specialist advice required to ensure the right solution is recommended for the client need – we will work with you to get the right solution in place, or if you wish, deal directly with the client on your behalf, keeping you updated with all progress throughout.